Tuesday, November 11, 2008

TIRED!



Why am I so tired, you ask!? Ms. Maddie woke me up at 4:00 this morning! She came into bed with Lily and I (Lily had just woke up to nurse and was falling back to sleep when Maddie came in). Normally, this would not be a problem but, this morning Maddie felt especially chatty I guess and began asking me questions and telling me stories. I told her repeatedly that it was time to sleep and not talk. She then started crying and woke up her sister. I told her she needed to stop and go back to sleep. That didn't work! I started counting to 3 and still, nothing! So, I took her back to her room and closed the door. She proceded to cry and scream so loud I thought for sure either a) the neighbor would knock on our door or b) the copps would! She stopped 1/2 hour later. I put Lily back in her crib and was just drifting off to sleep when.. you guessed it, the alarm went off! Oh well. This is motherhood, I guess. I swear, having a 4 year old is 10x harder than having an infant!


Speaking of having an infant. Lily has got to be the best baby, ever! And no, I am not just saying that because I am her mommy. She sleeps so well (here she is nursing a month or two ago) and is almost always happy. Now, if I only we could get her eating some solids! Don't get me wrong, we plan on nursing until she is ready to stop but, she is sucking me dry, quite litteraly! I am pumping as often as I can at work and still not meeting her needs. I haven't had to supplement with formula yet but, my stash of frozen milk is dissapearing quickly! It is majorly stressing me out as I don't want to have to introduce a 6month old to formula when she's NEVER had it before!
Anyway. Back to work! Will write again soon!

No comments: