Monday, November 10, 2008

First Entry!




Hello everyone!

I decided to start a family blog to keep everyone updated, post pictures as well as share the daily funnies that go on in our family! Please check back often. I am hoping to update multiple times a week- maybe I can even convince Matt to post sometimes (riiiight)!

We had a really good weekend. Saturday we basically lounged around. Matt worked some OT that morning so the babies and I just hung out, Maddie watched some movies etc. We also made a craft project to give my mom for her birthday. Maddie painted with some lovely fall colors on red, yellow and orange contruction paper. Then we traced her and Lily's hands and cut them out. Next we (well, Matt did this part I should say..) glued them on a circular piece of cardboard to create a really cute Fall themed wreath! We glued a picture of Maddie and Lily inside one of the handprints and viola! It turned out so well we are going to make one for us to keep, too! Amelia came over and Matt grilled chicken breasts for sandwiches for dinner that night! Maddie also helped Amelia and I bake a yummy cake for my mom's birthday party on Sunday. We made Hershey's Perfectly Chocolate Chocolate Cake as well as the accompaning frosting. We grated a Ghiradelli white chocolate bar on top. I have to say, it was deilcious! It even came out of the pan without sticking and crumbling into a billion pieces! Imagine that! Sunday, as usual, I made homemade buttermilk pancakes (called "truckstop buttermilk pancakes". You can find the recipe on http://www.allrecipes.com/ ). Delish! At 11:00 we headed over to Amelia's for mom's party. That went really well! It's always good to get together with family.
I am bummed out that the Farmer's Market is over for the season! Saturdays seem so empty now! :(
Well, that's all for now! Will update again soon!

PS Please excuse the spelling errors! I cannot figure out how to spellcheck on here!

No comments: