Saturday, November 15, 2008

Thankful




I was reading an online friend's blog who, in honor of the coming holiday, is posting one thing per day that she is thankful for. Now, I am starting a little late but, better late than never right?! I will try to post more than one per day to make up for lost time So, let's see.....

I am thankful for family. Not just my hubs and our two beautiful little girls but, also for my sisters, my parents and the hubby's fam. We are both fortunate enough to come from close-knit families and have parents that remain married (RIP T.Q.M.). That is probably some of the reason we get a long so well and have such a sense of family and togetherness. There is nothing either of us love more than to spend a lazy day together at home.. making pancakes for breakfast, watching the Packers, movies, playing outside etc., etc. And my sisters?! What can I say. They are my best friends and I would do anything for them.


I am thankful for nap time! Seriously. Times like this when I am alone in the house (well, Lily is asleep in her room, Matt and Maddie are outside doing "End of Fall" yardwork/cleaning up) are a rare thing and something I treasure. It gives me a chance to re-charge and energize for the rest of the day. Not to mention a chance to write here, catch up on the news and all of my online friends!

Anyway. Not much planned for the day. Cleaning up a little, doing "weekend stuff" (laundry, a little grocery shopping, packing lunches/breast milk bottles for Monday, etc., etc.) Maddie and I talked about making banana bread or brownies or someting but, that is about it! More later.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Awww she looks so cute sleeping!