Tuesday, December 2, 2008

HELLO!

I've been slacking lately!

Not too much new, though. We had a good Thanksgiving. We just went to my parent's house for lunch. It was delicious! We had turkey and all the trimmings. We didn't do much else, just hung out and enjoyed eachother's company.

I've been doing some cooking/baking but, hope to do more for christmas. I would like to make cut out sugar cookies, try my hand at gingerbread and maybe one other thing - I have to decide! I made homemade carmel the other day. It turned out very yummy but, it was pretty hard. I borrowed my mom's candy thermometer. I don't think it was accurate! It had very good flaver but, was more the texture of a hard candy than a chewy carmel! I am going to have to buy my own thermometer and try it again, I think! Something really yummy I did though- I heated a cup of milk in the micro until it was very warm, then put a couple of carmels in there. Yum. It was very good! I also made homemade bread for the very first time. It was okay-- for a first timer! I will try that again sometime soon as well. My mother-in-law is going to give me her family's recipe for Stollen. Yum. I can't wait to make that. I think it calls for cardemum so, I will have to get some of that from the store. Matt asked for peanut butter cookies on Sunday so, I threw those together that afternoon. Yummy. Nothing beats a chewy, peanutbutter cookie and a cold glass of milk!

I am still stressing out about my milk supply. I've tried the herb Fenugreek for increasing supply but, I don't think it's working. I wont bore you with all the details though.

So, I think Maddie has pink eye! Her ped. called in some antibacterial eye drops this morning just based on her symptoms. She started those at about 10am. I am using some precious vacation time for today.. hoping I will still have enough left to take off the days I wanted to before Christmas and New Years. I will have to crunch the numbers when I get into work tomorrow morning. It will be close!

No comments: